As I sit here eating my breakfast this morning I’m reminded that many of you have struggled with what to eat for this important meal, and still keep it healthy or gluten-free. The thing to remember is that breakfast doesn’t have to be eggs, oatmeal, toast, bagels, etc. It can be anything really. Here are a few of my favorites:
- Leftovers from last night’s dinner. This morning I had a cold piece of meatloaf from last night’s dinner.
- Smoothie with a high quality protein powder (could be prepped ahead and shaken in the morning). My favorite protein mix is Shaklee Life Energizing Shake and my favorite recipe is Strawberry Banana: Mix 2 scoops of Strawberry Life Energizing Shake with 8 oz of almond milk (or liquid of choice), 3 frozen strawberries, 1/4 banana, and ice in your blender. Blend until smooth and creamy. It tastes delicious!
- Saute some chopped veggies. I prep a bunch of veggies on Sunday for the week so they’re ready to go in a jiffy. I use them in breakfast recipes, salads, soups, etc. It’s the only way I’ll get enough in my diet. I’m lazy once the week gets going and I’ve had a long busy day in my business.
- Chopped veggies (anything you like) with eggs and seasoning in muffin tins, baked ahead.
- Bowl of mixed berries
- Fruit of any kind
- 90 Second Mini Muffins. They’re free from gluten & dairy – Get the recipe here
You get the idea. Think outside the box. It’s time to retrain our brains about what a breakfast needs to be.